Friday, January 3, 2014

The year, 2013

2013 was a big year for me. It was the worst and best time of my life. It's the year I was my heaviest weight and it was also the year I decided to lose that weight. It was the year that I stopped feeling pity for myself and took action.

It was the year I embarked on my journey. Unaware and cautious of my future. It was the year I decided what I wanted to do with my life. My body transformation triggered a life transformation. Like a ripple effect it slowly trickled to the other elements in my life; it enhanced my mood, health and relationships.

It gave me the confidence I needed to pursue my dreams. To pursue my goals unbridled by fear or regrets. It's been quite a liberating experience. And while I'm not finished, I am definitely in a much better place going into 2014 then I was going into 2013. I am blessed to have the support of my family and friends. Without their love and support this journey would have been much more difficult.

Instead of New Year's Resolutions, let's shoot for lifestyle transformations that will last us a lifetime. One step at a time. Once pound at a time. Let's get moving.

No comments: