Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Not as planned

Well I was a little disappointed my workout didn't go as planned.  The gym was packed and not all the equipment I needed was available. I was frustrated but I didn't let that stop me.
I am doing Phase 2 strength endurance with Horizontal Loading Super sets. Which basically means that I am going down my list of body parts horizontally,  doing all sets for each body part before moving on to the next. For instance, Back, Shoulders Chest etc. The super sets consist of  2 back to back exercises of either the same muscle groups or opposite. Each superset contains one Stength Excercise and one Stabilization.

One of the advantages of horizontal loading is that if the gym is busy and equipment is hard to find, you are able to complete the exercise for each body part before moving on to the next and not having to go back to that particular machine. 

I also wanted to notate, although I don't talk about it in all my posts,  warming up (stretches,  treadmill) and cooling down (stretching) is also a very important component of my exercise routine. 
My body feels like it's on fire. I feel great! Until next time. Time for the recovery phase.

No comments: