Thursday, November 7, 2013

My Fitness Journey

My name is Robert and I started this blog to chronicle my journey into the fitness world. I am 30 years old and work for a local performing arts theater. I'm an average joe. I'm not a bodybuilder or a supermodel. I'm just a normal person looking to better my life. In the last 7 months, I have transformed my body through rigorous exercise and eating better.
           
I love going to the gym and I feel like I've come into my own. But I am not even going to lie, the most difficult part is dieting. That is definitely an important aspect I would like to master. I've had a few personal training sessions and my trainer said that it is 80% diet and 30% Exercise. I am not perfect. I slip up like everyone else but I don't let those slip ups drag me down. That is key. If you slip up, don't let the guilt consume you to the point of exhaustion. Just brush it off and get back on track. One bad meal is not going to ruin your progress. 
          
My background also includes an intense semester of Weight Training at Northwest Vista College. In this blog I will chronicle my daily workouts and provide insight based on my experience.        
 
This is me when I started going to the gym. 4/3/2013
Starting Weight: 235lb.

This is the most recent picture of my progress 10/30/2013
Current Weight: 175 lb. 

1 comment:

LillyR said...

I am so proud of you!