Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Change

There was a point in my life. Not too far in the distant past. Where I couldn't conceive waking up before noon on a Sunday morning.I would sleep most of the day.I was having trouble breathing at night. I was obsese and depressed. I wallowed in my self pity for far too long. I made a decision to change.

Today I woke up at 8am and hit the gym early. I am a much different person then I was 8 months ago. I've lost almost 60 pounds and I am much healthier. My blood pressure is pretty close to normal, 129 over 73 (120 over 70 is normal). I say this not because I'm preaching but rather serving as an example of what is possible. Chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease are preventable, with consistent exercise and healthier eating.

When you put your mind to it, you'll be amazed at what the body can achieve. 

But it takes the first step. It doesn't have to be a giant step. It simply has to be a decision to change. 

No comments: