Friday, November 8, 2013

Strong and Lean in 90 Days Phase 2

Phase 2 of the Men's Health challenge is titled Sizzle and Chisel. And boy does it make your body work. This program is designed to progressively challenge the body. Each phase is 4 weeks to avoid a plateau. In this phase each exercise is performed 30 seconds with 30 seconds of rest between sets.

Workout A
When I first started I was not a fan of push ups. I'm still not. But I have gained the strength to be able to perform such exercises. The spider man push up is brutal. Make sure you have your arms a little wider then shoulder width. I made the mistake of having my arms too close in and it made the push ups uncomfortable.  Another notable challenge in this workout is the Half Turkish Getup. It took me a little adjusting to get it right. Keep your eye on the dumbbell and move slowly at first. Do your best to keep your legs stabilized.

Workout B
Today I did Workout B.  The Split jumps! Oh my. This one you have to be very careful. Because the potential to injure yourself is great. Don't worry about how high you jump. Just focus on landing softly on your alternate foot after the jump. When I started this one I was scared. I was all wobbly and unsure. But now I am able to perform this exercise with more confidence and stability. The combination of exercises in this one are brutal. I am up to 4 sets and hopefully will be able to do 6 sets by next week (my week 3 of Phase 2). 

I started with 20 lb. dumbbells and have moved up to 25 lb. dumbbells. 
I am noticing more strength with each workout and look forward to Workout A on Sunday.


No comments: